- Joshua Poplawski was released from the workhouse on 10/30/19. He had received multiple trespass citations from 11/7/19, mostly in the U of MN area and received a Trespass Violate citation on 2/4/20. On 12/22/19 a business at 9XX Washington Ave. reported a new trespass; under Rule of 6 (probation violation) he was booked in HCJ; first appearance is 7/16/20
Awaiting a hearing:
- Richard Breen – May, 2020: Richard Breen is out of custody and waiting for a Pretrial, scheduled for 6/17/20 (Restorative Court)
- Kelli Durow (aka Tamera Hoveland) 39 city contacts since 2017, 38 in the Second Pct. Habitual trespassing on or near U of MN. “Rule 20 Return” for 8 charges. Further charge 4th degree assault. Arraignment on 7/20/20 [SEE RULE 20 BELOW]
- Samuel Haase hearing now on 6/17/20 for trespass, disorderly conduct, 5th degree assault, 4th degree damage to property, and other complaints.
- Johnny Hall was discharged from probation 4/19, but charged with 5th degree drug poss. and DWI on 1/16/20 and pretrial moved to 6/30/20.
- Daniel Heacock was recommitted on 2/4/20 and has a hearing on 8/11/20 re: check forgery
- Cody Horton has a review hearing 6/18/20 (MHC) triggered by a misdemeanor tamper M/V.
- Christian Klockeman is a repeat trespasser around U of M and has a Felony threat of violence charge 11/11/19. He is now scheduled for 7/10//20.
- Kirk Robledo is a frequent trespasser near the U of MN. He was cited for trespass on 10/2/19 and theft at Target Express in Dinkytown on 10/6/19. He will be in the workhouse until 9/2/20, but has 2 hearings on 6/23/20 for theft and trespass.
- Leslie Wade received 3 trespass citations in the U of MN area; he has a pretrial on 6/9/20 after 2 hearings in Robbinsdale for Disorderly Conduct (5/14/20) and 4th degree damage to property (5/21/20)
Rule 20: Per www.MNCourts.gov: Rule 20 evaluations occur in criminal cases when there is a belief that a defendant may not be competent to proceed with the case or was not responsible at the time of the alleged offense because of mental illness or developmental disability.
- Tanner DeWitt: Convicted of Felony receiving stolen property 8/18/19; convicted of receiving stolen property on 9/26/19. Dept of Correction, release 9/8/20, probation to 2/5/21.
- Paula Heile remains on probation until 7/12/21. No further updates.
- Miles Shaw was released from DOC on 4/27/20 and will be on parole to 9/25/20.
- Michael Zaccardi has been released and will be on probation to 4/5/22.
CURRENT CRIME TRENDS
Overall, crime in the 2nd precinct is down since May 15 in contrast with the early May report. Marcy-Holmes is still seeing more crime than the rest of the Second Precinct, but while incidents still follow the main traffic pattern (University and Central heading north, East River Road and Prospect Park in the other directions) there are considerably fewer reported bike thefts. In comparison, theft from auto, theft of auto parts (catalytic converters?), theft of autos, burglaries and robberies are now prominent.
I’m pleased to report that the interactive crime maps are now functioning for me. See for yourself at http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/police/statistics/index.htm
Emilie Quast, Board member
MPD Second Precinct Advisory Council (2-PAC)
Minneapolis MN 55418